Dental Implants – Tulsa, OK
It’s difficult to look forward to meals when your missing teeth restrict what you’re able to eat. Meeting up with friends and family can be less fun as well if you constantly feel the need to hide your incomplete smile. Overall, missing teeth are more than an oral health problem, but Dr. Susman is ready to help patients with dental implants in Tulsa, OK. With them, he can bring back any missing teeth and give someone a strong smile they are eager to show off again. To learn more and schedule an appointment, contact us today.
Dr. Susman Says…
- 3D Cone Beam Imaging Available In-House
“This is The Place
for Your Smile!”
- Able to Replace Any Number of Teeth
What is a Dental Implant?
What makes dental implants so different compared to other restorations is that the procedure begins with placing a small titanium post into the jawbone to recreate the root of a tooth. Once in place, this new root actually bonds with the surrounding bone, making it just as strong as a real one. These roots can then be topped with crowns, bridges, or dentures to bring back the visible portion of the teeth, creating a seamless replacement.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a number of unique benefits you simply won’t get with any other treatment, such as:
- Implanted teeth are just as secure as real ones because they are rooted within the jawbone, allowing a patient to eat whatever they like with complete confidence.
- Unlike regular bridges and dentures, implants don’t have metal or acrylic attachments that stick out in the smile. They look completely natural from every angle.
- Implant roots actually support the jawbone from the inside, preserving its strength, shape, and health. This helps the remaining teeth stay in place and lets a patient maintain a more youthful appearance as the years go by.
- Placed by an expert, a dental implant can be expected to last many years.
Are Dental Implants Right for You?
With Dr. Susman, just about anyone with missing teeth can be a good candidate for dental implants, regardless of how many teeth need to be replaced. After giving you an exam and taking a 3D X-ray, he can help you decide which of the following restorative options would be best for you:
Missing Single Tooth
Without reshaping or adjusting the nearby teeth, a dental implant root can be placed into the jawbone and topped with a custom-made crown. This crown will be made from dental porcelain by Dr. Susman and specially shaded to blend with the rest of the smile.
Missing Multiple Teeth
Bridges and partial dentures can bring back multiple teeth with a single prosthetic, and now, they can be anchored directly to the jawbone with dental implants to give them unmatched stability and tremendous durability.
Missing All Teeth
If you are missing all of your teeth and/or have an uncomfortable denture, we can place four to six implants along the jawbone, and these will provide the foundation for a full denture. Implant dentures are smaller and more comfortable than traditional ones, but they allow for a stronger bite and can maintain their initial fit for much, much longer.
How Dental Implants Work
When you come to see Dr. Susman to get dental implants, the process will follow these basic steps:
- He’ll give you an exam to determine if dental implants would be a good option for you.
- If they are, he’ll schedule you to have your implant roots placed.
- While your mouth heals, you’ll be given temporary restorations.
- After a few months, you’ll return to Dr. Susman to have your crown, bridge, or denture attached to the implants.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
The cost of dental implants is always different from patient to patient, and it is largely determined by the following factors:
- How many dental implants a patient needs.
- Where they will be located in the mouth.
- The type of restoration used.
- If any procedures are needed beforehand to get a patient ready to receive implants (like gum disease therapy or tooth extractions).
Because dental implants are designed to last for decades, they are widely considered the most budget-friendly option for tooth replacement.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I am Concerned About Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I Want a Prettier Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I am Interested in Pain Management I am Concerned About Sleep Apnea Therapy View Our Services